Monday, February 28, 2011

Monthly Round Up

Feb 23rd: Fish and Chips. I LOVE superstore. They have great products and we eat a lot of them. We really enjoyed the Haddock and Hops they have there for our fish and chips. But as luck would have it when I wanted to buy it they didn't have any. But what they did have was the blue menu fish/haddock. So I thought I'd give it a try as I usually like the blue menu stuff. In fact if you open our freezer there is a lot of blue in it, blue meatballs, frozen dinners and chicken fingers. These fish fillets will now be added to the list. They were very tasty and as the blue menu implies, they were also healthier for us then the Haddock and Hops.


Feb 24: Oma's Birthday, so we had our favorite Oma dinner, Stomput Spinazzi. A classic meal.

Feb 25: I worked, so the boys had a Sobey's chicken and I had leftover peanut butter chicken
Feb 26:

Feb 27: Appetizer Smorsgasbord. A friend of mine mentioned they did this the other day and I thought it was a great idea. So we had nachos and vegetable spring rolls. The kids thought it was great to have a meal where no utensils were required.

Feb 28: Roast Beef Dinner. This is the meal we have had the most this month. It must be winter. I love how colorful this meal is. And I love pickled beets which is my favorite thing to have with roast beef.

So the eat at home challenge is done - thank goodness. I don't think I realized anything any different then our other eat at home challenges, but it was a good way to get me back on track with taking lunches. Not eating out for a whole month is a challenge. I failed the challenge back in the middle of the month on a Saturday when I went out to lunch with my best friend from highschool and then had a girls night out and drank and ate. Other then that one day though I was good.

Did anyone meet the challenge and not eat out for a whole month?

Jenn

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum