Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 15th & onward for a few days!

Like Jenn, I'm a planner. I look through the grocery flyers every week with great anticipation then systematically compare what's on sale with what I have on hand already and plan a menu and a grocery list for the week that works as economically and conveniently as possible. I have a "message board" near my kitchen with a magnetic white board, peg board and slots and I usually have a running list of the dinners that are possible with the groceries we have in the house.

The one hitch in the system in recent months is that consuming the food seems to be more challenging than planning and preparing it. Mackenzie and I are often hungry at different times and craving different foods. So, when I cook I tend to cook enough for several days so it can be taken for lunches and reheated for dinner when the spirit moves us.

I've tried new recipes in previous Eat At Home Challenges such as this Italian Wedding Soup (http://eatathomechallenge.blogspot.com/2008/09/day-4-at-campbell-household.html) and although the recipe I made this week was also a meatball soup it was easier to make and just as tasty.

So here's Campbell's Hearty Italian Meatball Soup... (recipe can be found here).

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum