Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day One at the Browns


I am really looking forward to this challenge. I participated last time and enjoyed seeing everyone's ideas and receipes. As some of you may know I work 12 hour shifts so I need to take all my meals with me. This means I have to be plan in advance. On the days that I work George usually eats leftovers or something out of the freezer. So yesterday George had left over beef sausage, mashed potatoes and peas. It's a family favorite the rest of us have applesauce with it, but George is not a big fan on fruit on his meat. I had an Asian Chicken Salad. I received a coupon in the mail from Kraft a few weeks ago for a free box of their sizzling salads dressing. This is a great salad, I cooked up enough chicken to have it for supper the three days that I am working this week. It's also really good in the Weight Watcher points department ( I am following the program online). I cooked three boneless chicken breasts in the cooking sauce and store in the fridge. Then in the morning I fill a large plastic container with spinach, mushrooms, bean sprouts, a small container with 3 ounces of chicken and take a Delmonte mandarin orange segments, the dressing goes in another small container. Then at work I heat up the chicken and put it on the spinach along with the oranges and put the salad dressing on top. Better that what you get in a restaurant and its 6 WW + points. I highly recommend it. I haven't tried the other flavours, but if any of you have I'd love to know what you think.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum