Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 10 to 14 at the Parks

I'm a planner. Especially when it comes to meals. I make a list of what we are having each week and make the grocery list based on that. Anyone who's been to my house in the last couple of years knows the calendar on my fridge which has our dinner listed every day on it. Here is what our dinner list looked like for the last couple of days.


Wednesday: Homemade Pizza. We use to buy the frozen ones, but I really like our homemade pizzas. Again takes a little more planning, but worth it in my opinion.
Thursday: French Toast. This is becoming a weekly tradition for us. We love it and it reminds me being a kid because my mom use to make it all the time for us.
Friday: Leftover green curry chicken for Jenn, Salmon for the Boys. I threw up Salmon a couple of years ago and still haven't been able to really enjoy it.
Saturday: Tammy's Roast Beef: It was delicious and she served it with mashed Sweet Potatoes rather then regular potatoes and it was good. I don't normally like sweet potatoes, but I was pleansantly surprised.
Sunday: Steak. Darryl. cooked. it. perfection.


Monday: Chicken Souvalkis: On Valentines Day I made Darryl one of his favorite dinners. Why because I'm awesome.

One of my biggest challenges this time with the eat at home challenge is lunches. That is probably where I eat out the most is when I'm at work because I go somewhere different most days. I'm not sure if there will be a fridge or a microwave. So today I was looking in the fridge and I didn't have anything obvious for lunch. No lunch meat, no frozen dinners. So I came up with quesidillas. The other part I've come to realize that is a big part to bringing lunch is lots of these little containers. I was using sandwich bags for a while but it seemed to cause lots of waste.

Till Next Time

Jenn

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum