Saturday, February 26, 2011

There's a reason why I don't have my own blog...

Please accept my apologies for falling off the face of the earth over the past 10 days. I've been a good girl and I've taken pictures of a few of my meals but I've been up to my eyeballs making wedding invitations on short notice for a very dear friend of mine so I haven't had time to blog!

Last time I wrote, I had just made a pot of soup and joked that it would last for days. I wasn't kidding! I ate soup for dinner for 5 days straight plus I had it for lunch twice and still froze 5 servings for future use!


So...next on my cravings list was a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce with some Johnsonville mild Italian sausage, some cheese tortellini and garlic bread. Oh and those are Quaker oatmeal muffins in the back with a TON of chocolate chips in them. I apologize for not getting a picture of this meal on the first day when it was plated, I was so excited to eat that I forgot to get a picture.


When I ran out of tortellini then I switched to eating up the last of the sausage. I wasn't sure what to eat with it and decided to have 1/2 a can of green beans and the last of the bread. I prefer fresh green beans but I was raised on canned beans so I like them, too. So all in all, 1 pkg of sausage, 1 pkg of tortellini, 1 baguette and a can of green beans made 4 nights of dinners for me! Mackenzie had school functions or work every day so I was eating alone!


I didn't take a picture of my dinner today because it's the same meal I had near the start of this month's challenge (scrambled eggs with minced green pepper, diced low-fat turkey kielbasa, a sprinkling of tex mex cheese and a little salsa) but I thought you'd enjoy my dessert. Anyone who knows me knows that my husband turned me into an ice cream lover. While it's not uncommon for us to have 2-6 flavours of ice cream in the house at any one time (we usually make ice cream cones to keep the portion size under control), I love fruit and yogurt parfaits equally as much! Plus, just because you're eating at home it doesn't mean that it shouldn't look like you're at a fancy restaurant! I like to get some regular use out of my wine glasses (since I'm not a wine drinker) so they're often used to serve up dessert! This is fresh strawberries with a 1/4 cup of Danone Creamy vanilla yogurt and a couple of tablespoons of Harvest Crunch granola. DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum