Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Days 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23... whew!

Whew, here's the weekend wrap up



Thursday the 17th: Breakfast for dinner. This is inspired by a Denny's meal I once had. It's hashbrown cooked with tomatoes and bacon and melted cheese with poached eggs on top. You can see I love me some ketchup and toast with raspberry jam. One of my favorite things about breakfast food is the mix of savory and sweet.

Friday the 18: Mexican Food. We had our friends over for dinner and they are heading to Mexico in a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd serve mexican food to get them ready. I made our favorite burritos (or enchiladas, not sure the difference) and fajitas. We also had homeade gucamole and very delicious margaritas. Here are some of the recipies:

Burritos/Enciladas (I've really got to look up the difference)

I take a can of chicken ( don't judge me, it works well), black beans, some rice and some salsa and cook it up together. Then I fill shells with the mixture and put it in an oven safe pan. I spread a whole bunch of cheddar cheese on top and put it in the oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese. I eat it with sour cream and gucamole.

Gucamole

3 avacados (if it's just Darryl and I use one, and half of everything else)
1 lime juiced
2 cloves of garlic
1 tomato chopped
pinch of cilantro (more if you love cilantro, none if you don't like cilatro)

This was the margarita mix that we used and it was really really good, it's Mr and Mrs T's, you just need to add tequila. You can buy it at Superstore or Sobeys.

Saturday Feb 19th: Mom made roast beef for dinner, which was great as usual.
Sunday Feb 20th: I worked, so leftover peanut butter chicken for me and chicken fingers for the boys.
Monday Feb 21st: Mom and Alexis cooked again. This time it was lasgana.

Tuesday: Pork chops. You can see we smother our pork chop meals with apple sauce, which is homeade from Okanogan Apples from Oma and Opa. Also I thought I'd mix some sweet potatoes in with our white potatoes to add a little nutritional value. They were really good and the kids liked the orange potatoes too.

I am looking forward to next week when I can have my Tim Hortons tea and chocolate coconut donut again!! Only one more weekend =)

Jenn

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum