Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 15: Peanut Butter Chicken



I know the title may sound crazy but this is such a delicious dinner. I'm sure it's not the healthiest dinner but I LOVE it. It's kind of a smorgy meal (made up from different recipes and what I have on hand), but the peanut sauce comes from a cook book and it's meant as a dipping sauce, but I really like it this way.

Here's the recipe:

Chicken breasts, cut and cubed. I cook mine in sesame oil for this recipe, but any oil will do.

Then I add the peanut sauce. If you are cooking for 2-3 people just make one of these, if you are cooking for 4 or more double it.

1/3c. of peanut butter ( I use crunchy, gives the meal good texture)
3 tbsp of corn syrup
2 tbsp of rice vinegar
1 tsp of fish sauce (if you don't have this it's not the end of the world, I've made it with and without)
1/2 c. of coconut milk
2 tbsp of lime juice.

Heat the sauce till it's bubbly. =)

Then add what ever vegetables you have around. Again I recommend ones that are lighter in flavor, like mushrooms and zucchini (not brocolli) or carrots or cauliflower.



The last must part is to serve it with coconut rice. I use the cheater way of making coconut rice, which is making instant rice but using coconut milk instead of water. It's easy and tastes great.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum