Monday, September 1, 2008

Welcome!

Hi and Welcome to the Eat at Home Challenge blog. My guess is you've probably popped over here from my original blog, My Life in A Nutshell. But if not and you are just here for the food or the challenge. I'll introduce myself. Hi! I'm Jenn. I am a stay at home mom of a three year old and a 4 month old. I am married to a wonderful man who just got himself a new iphone, so I suspect I'll be an iphone widow for a bit. =) I do enjoy cooking and most things I have learned have come from my mother. She is an excellent cook, as is her mother and I'm sure her grandmother. I think the first post will actually be a meal she makes, as she has invited us for dinner. =) This blog is meant as a record of all the recipes we cook. I am no expert so these will be easy recipes that my family enjoys.

I wanted to kick off the blog with a bang. So I decided on the Eat at Home Challenge. The Eat at Home challenge was inspired by how much Wendy's I ate this summer. Sorry Lynda, but Wendy's is hands down my favorite fast food place. But I wanted to challenge my family (and me mostly) by eating every meal at home. I would love it if you participate and then I could know if we were pathetic and this was really easy, or if you find it a "challenge" too. Each day I will post a picture and post the recipie of one of the meals we ate that day.

My sister in law asked about the rules for the challenge. Basically the rules are that you don't eat out. They asked about drinks, this is not a big deal for me, but if it is for you, have drinks out. Or if you want to try to give it up, you can do that too. Mostly I hope this blog has some recipies that you try and enjoy as much our family enjoys them.

Till Later with a recipe and picture for September 1st.

Jenn

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I'd lovvvve to take this challenge! We eat out quite a bit, although I think we're pretty open for September. No special occasions to celebrate with a dinner out. Hmm..what about dinner at a friends' house? Cindy's birthday is September and we usually get together for that BUT it's homecooked not takeout. I'll have to start planning some dinners!

Lori Aitken said...

Jenn...despite some protest from Mackenzie, I'm in! We don't tend to eat full meals out very much, just snacks to "hold us" until we get home but making a conscious effort to have meals at home will be good for us. We have one minor disclaimer: we don't make coffee at home and I think Ian would literally die without caffeine so he'll still be purchasing a "large double double" every day during the challenge.

I love to cook, though I'm not a very adventurous cook. It's planning the meals/grocery shopping that's usually trickier than the cooking itself. I've been in quite a rut lately so maybe this will inspire me to find something new to add to our mealtime repertoire or dig out some old favourite recipes that we haven't had in a while.

I'll keep you posted on our progress!

Alberta said...

Jenn...will discuss this with the Big Guy over supper tonight...which I'll photograph just in case...If we don't join the challenge, we will at least be more aware of where our hard earned money is going and exactly what we are putting into our bodies.

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum