Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 6 at the Parks: Shrimp Alfredo

Tonight we had our friends over for dinner, so we were trying to find a mix of gourmet and still please the kids.

Shrimp Alfredo

1 tablespoon of oil in the pan
4 cloves of garlic (1/person)
One bag on shrimp
1 jar of alfredo sauce


Cook the pasta according to directions. I usually leave it on the al dente side, becuase we add it to the other pan and it will cook a bit longer there. Heat the oil in the pan, add garlic. Saute the shrimp till they are light pink. (This time it only took one mintue because the shrimp were the precooked kind, but if they are not cooked it can take longer). Add sauce and heat. Add pasta. One othe tip is when you are adding the pasta, don't throw the whole thing of pasta in, incase you don't have enough sauce. I add it in "clumps".


We also had dessert. It was very very very rich chocolate torte cake. Just what I love. We added strawberries and whip cream to try and cut the chocolatness, for the people who don't like chocolate.

Jenn

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I think all three boys would really like that, I'll have to give it a try.

I had planned on making Lori's Italian Wedding Soup tonight but it's my mom's favourite and she'll be here Wednesday for stamp class so I'm waiting for her :o)

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum