Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 5 at the Beck's

Teriyaki Chicken Stirfry with steamed Jasmine rice

I love stirfry, it's quick and easy and tastes really good :o)

Tonight we had a zuchinni, carrot, broccoli, red pepper, green pepper stir fried for about 15 minutes then I added the leftover chicken from quesadilla night and added teriyaki sauce.



I picked up a new book last night called The Big Cook. It's basically doing big batch cooking with friends and freezing your meals for last minute homecooked dinners. I LOVE the idea and have done it before and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Our boys are signed up for karate and Beavers which both start at 6 pm so I think this will help in the dinner time rush for those couple of days.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You are great at taking pictures while you cook.

Susan said...

I have that book too, a couple of weeks ago I made four of the recipes, cost me about $200 for the groceries, but it gave me 16 meals that each serve 4. The chicken fettucini is the one I like best so far. It is nice having that ready to go in the freezer. Lucas helped me put some of it together, using his back how to add frozen vegetables to the bags, it was lots of fun. Not to worry I washed the back hoe before we started.

Mrs. M said...

I love this idea!
We've cut eating out down quite a bit except for me & the McD's drive through...for a snack, like a carrot muffin & diet coke and just today my son was asking for a strawberry shake! That's so bad. He's 3!
Reading your blog will also give me new ideas about what to prepare my family. I'm sure they're bored with spaghetti, tuna casserole, etc. etc. They're happy when I'm at work and Daddy feeds them steak...rare...grosses me out. ANYWAY...thanks, I love your blog idea!

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum