Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stir Fry

Tonights dinner was a chicken stirfry. This is an old stand by, I've been eating it for at least 10 years.

1 boneless chicken breast/person
Favorite Vegtables (ours our brocolli, carrots, mushrooms, zuchini)
Ginger (I like the fresh stuff)
Oil (olive, sesame, whatever you like)
Hosin Sauce



Heat oil in the pan, add ginger and garlic. Add diced chicken. Cook for 5 minutes. Then add carrots cook for another 5 minutes. Then add brocolli (and peppers if you like). After another couple of minutes add zuchini and mushrooms last. Add 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce. Mix and serve over rice.

In my opioion two things make the stirfry. First adding the vegtables at the right time so they don't get too soggy. The second is the hosin sauce. I love it. Here is the end product



Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Susan said...

So what did you have for your picnic lunch at Ikea, and does it count if you stop and buy you food at Walmart, then make sandwiches and eat them in the car in the parking lot?

Lori Aitken said...

Hmmm, hoisin sauce. I've never tasted it and I'm not very confident when cooking with Asian flavours...but I'll give it a try!

Goofball said...

I've never stirfried broccoli...you don't want it to be soggy, but I'd fear that broccoli doesn't get "ready" by stirfrying it for a bit?

don't know hosin sauce at all. not sure where I'd buy it over here.

Labels

Blog Archive

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum