Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Park House: Days: 9,10,11,12,13,14

Kowabunga!  Here is my post for the last weekish. 

January 9th: Fish and Chips.  The were good and an old standby. 

 January 10th: Chili.  Nathan was sick today and Darryl stayed home with him so he made the chili.  It wasn't quite the same as I mine, which isn't a bad thing and mine is in my head so it's not a recipe he could follow.   One thing that I use now for my chili and spaghetti sauce is the fake meat aka ground round.  Again we are watching our cholestrol over here so it's good when we can make our food vegetarian. 

January 11th I worked, so Darryl and the boys had soup and I had leftovers....

January 12th: Darryl made us a beautiful chicken stirfry.  We use hoisin sauce on our stirfry and I love it. 



 January 13th: Delicious roast beef dinner!  There was lots too, so we have leftovers.  One of the interesting things we do is mixed sweet potato and regular potatoes together to make our mashed potatoes.  Also makes them healthier.   I'm proud of us as we went to the science center today too, so it would have been very easy to buy a lunch there, but we prepared and brought some (although in hindsight not quite enough, thank goodness for the almonds in the car)


January 14th: Monday was a busy night.  I got home at 5:40 and Lucas had karate at 6.  It would have been a perfect night for drive thru.  But Darryl made some macaroni and cheese and I made myself a salad when I got home.  Healthier, even though it wasn't super healthy.  But better then fried food from McDonalds.   Lesson learned tonight, slow cooker meals on Mondays when I have to teach till 5 and Lucas has karate at 6. 

This week I'm going to try some new recipes.  I got a new Rachael Ray cookbook for Christmas, so my plan is to try two of those.

Jenn

No comments:

Labels

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum