Friday, January 4, 2013

Days, 1,2 and 3 at the Park Household

Glad to hear that everyone is so excited about the Eat at Home Challenge.  I see we didn't do it in 2012 so I'm glad it's back for 2013.  One person who was not excited was Nathan.  When I told him we couldn't go to Tim Hortons he started to cry big alligator tears.  "I love Tim Horton's" he said through his tears.  Which honestly made me laugh even harder.  I admit it I'm not a very good mom.  But sometimes it's so hard not to laugh.

Anyway onto what we ate this week so far!

Jan 1 was peanut butter chicken.  I know been there done that.  But on a side note the Fetzer wine we had with it was really good.  Sweet and then dinner was sweet, worked well.





 Jan 2 was a recipe I had pinned.  But honestly it wasn't that great.  It was good, but one of my criteria for dinner is the amount of mess it makes and this one made 4 pans dirty.  Too many in my dislike of doing the dishes opinion.  



Jan 3 we ate one of my favorite easy, delicious, albeit expensive meals at 15$  Not quite as much as going out and it does usually give us a lunch after too, but now it just sounds like I'm validating my reasons for spending more then 8 dollars on a dinner, which I would say is about average.  Okay now that I've built it up... it's Vodka Scallop Pasta.   So the scallops, 7$ a bag and then the sauce is the PC black menus sauce 6$ (which is a lot for a can of sauce).  I usually add some mushrooms and parm cheese on top.  So a more expensive meal, but it's a crowd pleaser.  And both kids like scallop, which we also refer as marshmallows of the sea, which may be another reason we like them... =) 

 Jan 4: Tonight is pizza.  I'm hoping to do homemade, but it might be from a box.  If we make our own I'll add a picture. 

Jenn

3 comments:

Darryl said...

All three meals were quite good!

Lesley said...

Mmm... Everything sounds good. The marshmallows of the sea cracks me up!

Lori Aitken said...

Marshmallows of the sea! I've never heard that before. I've never been a big seafood fan but I sure love marshmallows so that just might paint the right picture in my mind to give scallops another try.

Labels

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum