Thursday, January 10, 2013

Days 4-8 at the Park Household



Day 4 we did do our own homepizza which was fantastic.  My favorite is to put pesto as the sauce and then veggies on top, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach.

Day 5. Darryl made me a delicious steak dinner.  Steak, baked potato, asparagus and corn.  After a great day of skiing.  We are running into a big of a condundrum in his house.  Darryl has cholesterol issues so I've been trying not to each a lot of red meat.  I've switch over from ground beef to fake meat for most of my spagetti/chili dishes and not eating steak or roast all that much.  Eating more white meat and fish or meatless.  But this has now become more of an issue for me and my iron levels.  So I was happy to indugle in this steak.

Day 6: Working for a living.  The boys had perogies, one of their favorite "mom's gone" meals.  And I had some leftovers at work.

Day 7: We had pulled pork.  This has been a newer recipe for this and so we are still experimenting with it.  In the fall we had swimming lessons from 5-5:30 so I would always put a meal in the slow cooker so when we got home around 6 dinner would be basically ready.  I buy a fairly cheap piece of pork and put bbq sauce on it and let it cook all day.  Then shred it with two forks before eating on a bun.  Yesterday Darryl added apple juice, hickory smoke and garlic to the slow cooker.  It was delicious.
Day 8: Tonight was Lucas's favorite.  Stomput. 
Day 9: Fish and Chips.  Which is kind of an old standby for us again. 

It was a bit more challenging this week as I went back to work so there is lots of access to food, but once I got back into bringing lots of variety and food I was good again. 

Jenn

No comments:

Labels

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum