Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Catch Up Post #1, Jan 6-8th

This month feels more like than the Amazing Race than the typical "back to work/school routine" kind of month that I normally have in January.  Don't get me wrong...it's been a great month with a lot of variety but there's simply no routine.  Day by day, week by week, month by month, I'm learning how to fly by the seat of my pants.  It's an acquired skill...one which I'm starting to see value in but haven't yet mastered.  For any of you who know me, you'll know how disconcerting it is for me to be doing anything that I haven't got a handle on...but you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Sunday, January 6th-The post-holiday let down lends itself to lean finances for us as it does for many families.  We've been digging deeper in the freezer to see what sort of leftovers can be brought out and used up.  Paul's Mom made a delicious split pea and ham soup over the holidays so we heated up the leftovers and had some cheddar & jalapeƱo perogies with it.  Yum!

Monday, January 7th-I started my new position as a veterinary receptionist full-time today so I didn't get home until late.  I pulled out some of my favourite home made chili (a Wendy's copycat recipe) and made some garlic toast to go with it.


Tuesday, January 8th-Paul made some wickedly good omelettes with the leftover ham & turkey in the freezer from Boxing Day dinner at his parents.  He paired with with some broccoli and fried potatoes.  You've got to love a man that cooks!  Yeah!!

That's it for now...
Lori


No comments:

Labels

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum