Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day # 7 Carriere Household

Chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches


Day #8 - Carriere Household

Parma Rose Chicken (I love this recipe)

Ingredients
 
 
1/2 box uncooked penne pasta (I was out today and used egg noddles instead)
1 1/2 zucchini
3 tomatoes cut in bite sized pieces (again I only had one fresh so I used canned diced for the rest)
1 package dry Rose sauce
low fat milk and butter for the sauce
 2 chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
mozzarella cheese (I used low fat)
 
 
 

Pre-heat your oven to 325. Cook your pasta according to the directions and drain once it's done. While that is cooking slice up your tomatoes and zucchini (julienne style for the zucchini and in bite sized for the tomatoes). Also, chop up your garlic into tiny, fine pieces.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Put some olive oil in the pan, throw in cubed up chicken, season with salt and pepper. Set aside when cooked.
 
 
Cook Rose sauce according to package directions - you can also make it from scratch, but I am ok with the dry packet kind.
 
 

Grab a big baking dish, and toss in the cooked pasta, veggies, garlic and chicken.
Add in the sauce and toss until it's all covered, then top with a handful of mozzarella cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
 
 
 
 
 (I suggest a side of salad or garlic bread to go along with it)
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Lesley said...

This is something I'm pretty sure everyone in my family will like! I'm sure it will be on next weeks menu.

Labels

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum