Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Catch Up Post #3, Jan 12-14th

Saturday, January 12th-
Back on track!  Mackenzie was at a Party Lites party in the early evening so Paul made a lovely meal of herb-seasoned, baked pork chops, red potatoes and broccoli.  It was all ready when I arrived after dropping Mackenzie off at the party.  Having someone cook for me is SUCH A LUXURY!  I feel like a princess.  Gosh, he's a good cook!  A picture really is worth a thousand words so I promise I'll get better at taking pictures in the second half of this month.

Sunday, January 13th-
The freezer scavenging continues!  My freezer this time.  I found a package of Oktoberfest sausage deep in the freezer with some cheddar perogies from Costco.  I know it seems like we've eaten a lot of perogies this month (and maybe we have) but they're one of those foods that you sample at Costco, exclaim "Gosh, I love perogies! Why don't we eat these more often?" and then realize that you have 6 bags at home from previous Costco visits that are buried in the freezer.  Am I right?  I opened a can of Blue Menu French-cut green beans to have with the meal.  Though I love fresh green beans, I was raised with canned green beans and I have to confess...I love them!  I keep them on hand just for me because Mackenzie won't eat them.  Paul's a trooper though and gave them a shot.  He's such a good guy...he'll eat just about anything (just like Darryl!)  Is it a boy thing?

Monday, January 14th-
On Mondays I work all day and Paul teaches in the evening so we don't cross paths until bed time.  For my dinner, I dug some Creamy Noodle Tuna Helper out of the freezer (that I had previously made with canned ham instead of tuna) and had that with a big glass of milk for dinner.  Mackenzie ended up staying at school working on an assignment until 9:30pm so I had dinner by myself...not alone though.  Four furry faces stared me down just begging for me to drop a morsel of my dinner.

An entire second half of the month still lies ahead of us but I think I'm starting to get into the swing of things!  I'll endeavour to pull out my cookbooks (or Pinterest!) a couple of times and I'll do my best to try to remember to snap pictures of our meals!!

Lori

No comments:

Labels

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum