Thursday, March 11, 2010

Still holding out!

Last night the boys had homemade pepperoni pizza and I was nursing a sore throat so I just stuck to soup.
Tonight we're cleaning out the fridge and will most likely have breakfast for supper. The kids love it and Aaron's been dying to make his sugary bacon. He had it at Chris's and is now addicted. WARNING - THIS IS NOT A HEALTHY CHOICE - AT ALL. He shake and bakes a pack of bacon in brown sugar, then threads it onto skewers and bakes it in the oven on a cookie sheet to catch the fat. He's also drizzled maple syrup on it while baking as well. Like I said, not exactly a healthy choice. I haven't actually tasted it before. I've made it for company and everyone loved it but haven't tried it yet. Not a huge bacon fan.
Tomorrow night we are having bbq burgers at home before heading to Banff. We're definitely eating Aardvark Pizza for supper Saturday night and going to the St James Old Irishe Pub for lunch on Saturday - they have baby yorkies with roast beef baked inside them that are to die for. We'll probably bring a snack for Sunday breakfast and then we're back on track with our eating at home.

2 comments:

Goofball said...

sugary bacon....wow quite a new concept to me :p

Jenn said...

The bacon does sound delicious. If Darryl wasn't on a health kick I'm sure he'd try it

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum