Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Half way there and doing good.....


Here we are, half way through the month of the challenge. It has been fun. I like this. Keeps me motivated. I get in these food lulls. It's hard to please all the palates, the pocket book, and the schedule most times so this little challenge has given me a boost.

Thursday March 11, "Special Spaghetti"...that is our made up name for our made up recipe

Cilantro haters will not like this recipe but they could alter it if they liked. Cilantro is a hater or lover type of food. Luckily in our house we have 4 lovers which is good for me becuase I love love it.

1/2 pound sundried tomato Catelli spaghetti
1 bunch of cilantro(washed thoroughly & roughly chopped)
1/2 jar of green stuffed pimento olive sliced in little rounds
1/2 bunch of green onions chopped
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 clove of garlic crushed
1/4 cup leftover white wine or red wine(white is the best)
1/2 pound of bacon fried, drained, and chopped

Cook the garlic with the oil just until soft and fragrant. Then add the olives, onions, & cilantro. Let it cook down on low for about 5 minutes. Add the wine. Let simmer another 5 minutes then add the bacon. Pour over top of the spaghetti and serve with garlic toast or fresh bread.

Friday, March 12...we went to Jon's parents for dinner and it was delicious. I made a beef barley soup(homemade) to contribute to the fried chicken(Jon's Mom makes great fried chicken) and salad and bread. What a great dinner. I was stuffed.

Saturday, March 13.....we had homemade hamburgers and chips. Great burgers. I love homemade burgers.

Sunday, March 14....lunch was great. I will post a photo when I get some batteries for my camera. It was a chicken salad that I made with a peanut lime dressing over top of berries, avocado, and spinach. For dinner we went out for Tyrone's birthday. It was paid for so technically I didn't cheat although getting it paid for was not the intention. We went to Red Lobster and I had the blackened salmon. It was delicious. Jon had lobster. Connor had KD and Elliot had chicken fingers.

Monday, March 15.....grilled cheese and soup.
Tonight, Tuesday March 16.....We are having sloppy joes. The kids love them. So does Jon. Me, they are okay....good thing I had that salad on Sunday.


No comments:

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum