Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm finally handing in my review...

I'm sure you can imagine what kind of a student I was in school...keen at the beginning of the year but a slacker towards the end, lol.

We survived the month with a single trip to McDonald's. That's pretty amazing in our household.

I didn't realize until the challenge was on just how much we were eating out. The boys and I would go to Tim Horton's for bagels once every weekend and there were usually 1 or 2 nights per week when we seemed strapped for time and we'd normally grab take out but the challenge forced us to make a back up plan. I think soup and sandwiches were a staple for these occasions.

I also realized just how boring my cooking is. I stick with what's tried and true for our family but I have tried Lori's Italian Wedding Soup and Jenn's Hoisin Sauce.

Thanks Jenn for the challenge. I'm sure we saved $200 easily. If I figure fast food is about $25/30 each time and Starbucks about $25 a week...sigh....that's right...a lot of wasted money.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

I'm so proud of you for undertaking this challenge and doing so well!

This is a good parallel to David Bach's The Latte factor that was so popular a couple of years ago. Those seemingly insignificant amounts really do add up and rather quickly.

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum