Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chicken Pasta "Bake"

For those of you who have ever cooked with me, you know I like to "smorgy" my food. I take a recipie and kind of modify it to my own preferences. That's what I did with this recipie. Orginally from the Kraft website, it is meant to be put together and then baked in the oven. I tried that and I didn't think it really made a difference and just dirtier another dish and made me wait longer. If you'd like to use the orignal recipie here it is. And here is what I do again I kind of smorgy it, so if you want to use 3 chicken breasts rather then 2, it won't really matter. Or the brocolli if you use whatever you have is fine (brocolli wasn't in the orginal recipie)

1/2 package multigrain penne pasta( or rotini or any sort of noodle that size)
1/2 c. of frozen spinach
1/2 c. of brocolli
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1-1/2 cups (1/2 of 700-mL jar) pasta sauce
1 tablesppon PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese Spread
1 cup KRAFT Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded ( or marble or cheddar, whatever you may have)


Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 min.

Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook.until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Cook brocolli. Add pasta sauce ; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

Drain pasta and spinach; return to same saucepan. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Stir in cream cheese spread and mozzarella cheese until melted.



I surprisingly don't have a picture of this meal, so I'll have to add one once we have it as leftovers.

Jenn

1 comment:

Nicole Verkooijen said...

Hi Lori, how nice of you to stop by my blog every day. I have ready your comment and was proud to have you on my blog. If you like, you can add yourself to my blog followers and win lovely blog candy's. Have a really great day and please say hi for me to your friend at work ;-) hugsss Nicole

 

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum